Vision & Values
Our Structure, Values and Mission
Core Values of Highlands Church
a. We value reaching the lost through local and global outreaches (evangelism and missions)
- One of the primary reasons the church exists is to be the body of Christ on earth – His hands, His feet, His voice – to share the love of Christ to the world
b. We value preaching the Word
- The Bible is God’s word of instruction. It is important to read it, learn it, and know what it says, because it contains God’s wisdom and lessons that apply to virtually every aspect of our lives.
c. We value prayer and worship
- Prayer and worship provide opportunities to be in the presence of the Lord, and bring times of intimacy with God
d. We value discipleship
- Jesus shared His life with His disciples, spent time with them, taught them, and modeled a powerful and Godly life before them
- Discipleship is a process of growth and maturity that comes from sharing life together with someone who is able to disciple you
e. We value children and youth ministry
- Children’s ministry is important because of the opportunity to lead them to Christ at a young and impressionable age
- Children’s and youth ministry in the church takes an intentional investment of time, money and facilities
f. We value church and ministry involvement
- The Lord adds people to the body for a specific reason. We want every person to find a place to fit and belong and find their role in the church, and then grow together as each part does its work
g. We value encouraging people
- Attending church is important, and when we are together we are positive and encouraging
- We meet together regularly and consider how we can be of service to each other, especially stirring up each other to the more vigorous and abundant exercise of love, and the practice of good works
Our mission is to be a church where followers of Jesus are made, who share Jesus’ love with those who are spiritually lost and where a united community with other believers is experienced.
We are a group of people that CONNECT with God and others, GROW to be more like Christ and GO into our community and world to share the love of Jesus.